Visible Minority Librarians of Canada Student Interest Group

Please share this email widely among your networks, and with any BIPOC LIS student who may wish to find a welcoming community in the library field.

New, continuing, and recently graduated LIS students are encouraged to join.

From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of ViMLoC
Sent: February 7, 2022 3:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ViMLoC] Info & Event - ViMLoC Student Interest Group

** EXTERNAL EMAIL / COURRIEL EXTERNE **
Exercise caution when opening attachments or clicking on links / Faites preuve de prudence si vous ouvrez une pièce jointe ou cliquez sur un lien

Calling all Library and Information Studies Students and Recent Graduates!

We are happy to share that we are establishing the Visible Minority Librarians of Canada Student Interest Group (ViMLoC SIG)

We hope to provide a safe space and supportive community for Indigenous and Black students, and students of colour in library and information studies. This will be the first group of its kind that gathers BIPOC LIS students from library schools across Canada, and we’re looking for students interested in helping us create systemic change within LIS.

By joining the ViMLoC Student Interest Group (SIG) you will have access to:

§  A collaborative community of peers from across Canada

§  Peer mentorship support

§  Resources for BIPOC librarians (scholarships, job postings, funding opportunities, etc.)

§  …and more as we grow and develop!

We hope that with the establishment of ViMLoC SIG, and with your membership, we can begin to develop a strong community of BIPOC library and information studies students, and affect significant change in the library landscape.

We strongly encourage new, continuing, and recently graduated LIS students to join us. If you are interested in being part of the group, or if you have any questions, please send an email to [log in to unmask].

Please share this email widely among your networks, and with any BIPOC LIS student who may wish to find a welcoming community in the library field.

We are hosting our first event on Thursday, February 10th, 2022 from 8-9pm EST. It will be a safe space for the ViMLoC SIG to connect, chat, and grow. Register for the event here.

Disclaimer: The information and opinions shared through the listserv are those of the individuals sending the messages and are not necessarily endorsed by the Atlantic Provinces Library Association.

To unsubscribe from the APLA-LIST list, click the following link:
https://listserv.dal.ca/index.cgi?SUBED1=APLA-LIST&A=1