Good morning,

Thanks Courtney for bringing up this topic which has led to a fair amount
of membership engagement.

As a short term solution, I can check if the job ads we receive indicate
the salary. If it isn't specified, I can request that they add it before
sharing it with the LISTSERV.

I received a job ad a few days ago and, given recent discussions, my
curiosity led me to check if the salary was indicated (it was).

The APLA Executive Committee is meeting later this week, and since this
topic has generated interest and discussion, we can discuss whether APLA
Presidents will informally ask that a salary be added to job ads before
sharing, or if a new policy will be developed.

One participant in this discussion suggested forming a working group to
examine issues of this nature. With that, I'll take the opportunity to
remind the LISTSERV that we enjoy membership engagement and if anyone is
interested in participating in an APLA initiative (on this topic, or any
topic), you can reach out to us to discuss how you wish to collaborate.

Happy Monday and enjoy your work weeks (a busy one for me).

Regards,

*Marc Harper*

President

Atlantic Provinces Library Association