South Shore Public Libraries
With gorgeous coastlines, working ports, fishing, farms, businesses, woods, lakes and some of the nicest towns and villages in the province, the South Shore has become known as one of the best places to live in the Atlantic Provinces.
South Shore Public Libraries
South Shore Public Libraries (SSPL) is the library service provider in Lunenburg and Queens Counties, Nova Scotia. SSPL is a vital part of the community – we strive to be an inclusive, welcoming hub with activities and services for all ages. It’s a community where everyone is welcome and which supports life-long learning and literacy. It’s a place where we celebrate reading, discovering, learning and sharing. There are branches in Bridgewater, Lunenburg, Liverpool, and Greenfield. SSPL also provides excellent rural service via a mobile library.
The Chief Librarian/CEO will work out of the flagship branch and library system headquarters in the Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre in Bridgewater. The CEO will be expected to further the vision and mission of the system, find ways to grow membership, promote diversity and inclusiveness and provide positive welcoming environments for all. The library system has an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion plan, within which we function. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
We are looking for candidates who are:
· Confident, with a strong character and good public relations skills
· Positive, friendly, with excellent people skills and high levels of energy and enthusiasm relative to library patrons, staff, board members, volunteers and the general public
· Able to demonstrate analytical skills and problem-solving, with the ability to think strategically and creatively.
· In possession of financial and resource management acuity and capability
· In possession of excellent technology skills and an ability to navigate social media
· In possession of a sense of community and a passion for libraries and their role in the community
· Equipped with excellent communication, negotiation and speaking skills
· Innovative, with the ability to promote and grow the system
Minimum requirement: Master’s degree in Librarianship and five years previous administrative experience. Public library experience is preferred.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. However, reviews of applicants will begin in March 2022. Applicants will be interviewed by the Library Board Search Committee via Zoom.
More information about the system can be found at southshorepubliclibraries.ca
Applications and questions can be directed to [log in to unmask]
Disclaimer: The information and opinions shared through the listserv are those of the individuals sending the messages and are not necessarily endorsed by the Atlantic Provinces Library Association.
To unsubscribe from the APLA-LIST list, click the following link: