From: Joanne Rodger <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Tue, Nov 9, 2021, 11:05 AM
Subject: [Jerome-L] CFP: CJAL Special Issue on Labour and Canadian Academic Libraries
To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

The Canadian Journal of Academic Librarianship (CJAL) invites submissions to our special issue on labour and Canadian academic libraries. CJAL is an open access, peer-reviewed journal published by the Canadian Association of Professional Academic Librarians (CAPAL).

The term “academic library” often calls to mind the image of a building—but a building is merely an empty space. So what makes a library what it is?

We—library workers—make libraries. Human beings and their labour are behind everything a library is and everything that it does. In this special issue we invite perspectives that emphasize the experiences of academic library workers, the conditions in which we work, the forces that are changing those working conditions, and ways in which we can continue to strive for improved work environments. We particularly wish to speak to the context of labour in Canadian academic libraries, recognizing that much existing scholarship focuses on the unique context of the United States.

Authors interested in participating are asked to submit a proposal (maximum 800 words plus bibliography) as an email attachment (Word document or PDF) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by December 20, 2021.

For more information, please see the full CFP on the CJAL website<https://cjal.ca/index.php/capal/announcement/view/841> or in the attached PDF.

From the Special Issue editors: Myron Groover, Eveline Houtman, Eva Revitt, Joanne Rodger

--

JOANNE RODGER, PhD, MLIS, BA, BEd

Director, Program Quality & Accreditation
She/her

UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA
College of Health Sciences
Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry

1-002 Katz Group Centre for Pharmacy and Health Research
Edmonton, AB Canada T6G 2E1
T 780.492.9522

[Image removed by sender. University of Alberta Logo]<https://www.ualberta.ca/index.html>

The University of Alberta respectfully acknowledges
that we are situated on Treaty 6 territory, traditional
lands of First Nations and Métis people.