Hello,

Please see below for information regarding the *Politics of Libraries III:
Gender, Race, Sexuality, and Intersectionality in LIS* virtual conference.
Registration is free.

All of the presentations are relevant to today's LIS landscape, so please
follow the forwarded link to find out more about them. I am providing the
description of a presentation that relates to information literacy:

*"April 23, 12-1 pm MST – Indicators of Truly Epic Post-ness: Information
Literacy, Authority, and the Contemporary Political Podcasting Ecosystem,
Joel Blechinger*

Both of LIS’ guiding documents on IL – 2000’s *Information Literacy
Competency Standards for Higher Education* and its more recent successor,
2016’s *Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education *– face
significant challenges in the “wild west” of contemporary political
podcasting. Specifically, political podcasting is where “authority” – as
traditionally constructed and understood by LIS – is, I would like to
argue, liquefied in quite radical ways. I will look closely at the
right-wing conspiracist phenomenon QAnon, and how it has been analyzed
across the spectrum of contemporary political podcasting to illustrate this
brave new world of *liquid *authority."

Kind regards,
Agnieszka