From: Glenda Casimir <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 at 17:58
Subject: Educational resources for parents/caregivers
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Hello

Let’s Talk Science <https://letstalkscience.ca/> – a leading partner in
Canadian education for more than 25 years – is a national charitable
organization committed to inspiring and empowering Canadian youth to
develop the skills they need to participate and thrive in an ever-changing
world.

Over the past few weeks, Let’s Talk Science
<https://letstalkscience.ca/lts-covid19> has been hard at work adapting our
programming delivery approach to meet the needs of educators, caregivers
and youth.

We wanted to share some of the highlights of the programming (English and
French) now available on-line <https://letstalkscience.ca/lts-covid19> and
encourage you to share it with your educators and your communities
(caregivers, parents and youth).

   - Our *STEM at Home*
   <https://letstalkscience.ca/educational-resources/stem-home> page offers
   curated Let’s Talk Science hands-on activities, videos, articles suitable
   for Pre-K to Grade 12 students

   - Educators can continue to benefit from *Professional Development
   Resources* <https://letstalkscience.ca/professional-learning> online and
   register for upcoming professional learning events.

   - Our ‘*Wednesday Wonder’*
   <https://letstalkscience.ca/professional-learning/flipgrid> offers a
   different STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) or digital
   literacy question each week.

   - Every Thursday, a *Design Challenge*
   <https://letstalkscience.ca/events/challenge-online> will be issued.

   - The *Let’s Talk Science Challenge*
   <https://letstalkscience.ca/challenge> will be offered* as *a weekly
   online quiz for 8 weeks and open to students in grades 6-8 across Canada

   - We are launching *two student contests*: *That’s A Real Job*
   <https://letstalkscience.ca/contests> starting April 14, and *Let’s Talk
   Careers* <https://letstalkscience.ca/contests> launching April 20

We would ask that you please share these links with friends, colleagues,
and family, visit the website <https://letstalkscience.ca/lts-covid19>
regularly and follow us on social media as we will be adding and updating
our programming on a regular basis.  If you have any questions, or thoughts
on how we can better meet your needs, please do reach out to Glenda Casimir
at [log in to unmask]

Thank you!

Glenda

*Glenda Casimir*

Manager, Insights

Let’s Talk Science

1-877-474-4081 ext. 253

letstalkscience.ca <http://www.letstalkscience.ca/>   | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/LetsTalkScience/> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/LetsTalkScience> | Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/ltscience_ps>

parlonssciences.ca | Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/ParlonsSciencesFR>
 | Twitter <https://twitter.com/ParlonsSciences> | Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/ltscience_ps>

[image: cid:d0a0ea1b-8622-4d66-84ec-f7fda2377fcf]

*A brand new website! *- Same great online resources, new user experience!
Find lesson ideas, multimedia resources and more for Early Years - Grade 12!
 Take a tour at *letstalkscience.ca <http://www.letstalkscience.ca/>.  *

*Un tout nouveau site Web ! *Les mêmes ressources en ligne avec une
nouvelle expérience utilisateur! Vous y trouverez des idées de projets de
classe, des vidéos, articles et bien plus... pour la petite enfance au
secondaire! Explorez le tout à *parlonssciences.ca
<http://parlonssciences.ca/> *dès maintenant!

--

*Trecia Schell*
she/her