Western Counties Regional Library (WCRL) is seeking a motivated, dynamic individual to join its organization. WCRL is a regional library system serving Digby, Shelburne and Yarmouth counties in Nova Scotia, Canada.
The region is a key producer of live lobster for the world market in addition to scallops, fish and other seafood. Located in Southwestern Nova Scotia, the area features beaches, walking trails, historic sites, coastal living, lakes, wildlife, a rich cultural heritage, a low cost of living, and a large regional hospital.
Through its various partnerships and initiatives, WCRL strives to provide programs and services that have a positive impact on people’s lives while being a focal point and cultural hub for the communities it serves. Our 10 library branches and online library provide public library services to approximately 56,000 people including two distinct Acadian populations.
• Develop and lead a program plan for the region
• Identify partnership and funding opportunities for programs and services
• Work closely with the Public Relations Manager on promotions
• Oversee the programming budget for the region
• Participate in research and development of public service policy and procedures
• Branch management duties including staff supervision
• Participate in provincial initiatives and joint regional projects
• Coordinate outreach services throughout the region
• Other duties as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Completed post-secondary education degree
• Recognized Library Science or Information Studies degree from an ALA accredited institution an asset but not required
• Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience including supervisory experience
• Fluency in both French and English languages
• Experience planning, implementing and evaluating programs
• Experience in grant proposal writing
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of emerging technology trends
• Demonstrated knowledge of and understanding of current and emerging library trends
• Strong leadership skills
• Applicable financial literacy skills
• Superior customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong project management skills
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Clear driver’s license
• Ability to travel
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
This is a permanent full-time position located in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia
Starting Salary Range: $38,504 to $43,263
- Compensation: Workplace Pension and Health Benefits
- Hours of work: 35 hours/week Monday to Friday with some evenings and weekends as required.
- Anticipated Start Date: March 16, 2020
Satisfactory Police Records Check and Child Abuse Registry Check required upon hiring.
Friday, February 21, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
An application form can be obtained from any of Western Counties Regional Librarys 10 branches, or at http://westerncounties.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Employment-Application-Form.pdf
An application form, cover letter and resumé can be faxed to (902) 742-6920, e-mailed to [log in to unmask], or mailed to:
Western Counties Regional Library
405 Main Street, Yarmouth, NS B5A 1G3
For further inquiries, please contact the Office Manager at 902-742-2486 x 221
Disclaimer: The information and opinions shared through the listserv are those of the individuals sending the messages and are not necessarily endorsed by the Atlantic Provinces Library Association.
To unsubscribe from the APLA-LIST list, click the following link: