From: Katherine McColgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 at 09:17
Subject: FW: [IFLA-L] Report from Governing Board Meeting - 13 December
To: Board <[log in to unmask]>, Members <[log in to unmask]>

FYI. Please share with your networks.

ATI. Veuillez partager avec vos réseaux.

*From: *<[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Christine Mackenzie <
*Date: *Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 4:31 AM
*To: *<[log in to unmask]>

Dear IFLA members,

Last Friday, IFLA’s Governing Board met in person in The Hague for the
first time since August. The meeting was the climax of a busy and
successful week, including meetings of our Professional, Finance, Executive
and Conference Advisory Committees, and a workshop on governance.

I wanted to share a few highlights from these meetings:

   - We made major progress on our *Governance Review*, working towards
   proposals for structures for IFLA which will provide new opportunities for
   our members to engage in our work, and so deliver on the IFLA Strategy
   2019-24. Please see our announcement <https://www.ifla.org/node/92711> for
   more on this key process in IFLA’s transformation.
   - We discussed progress over the first months of implementing *IFLA’s
   Strategy 2019-2024*, and agreed on *IFLA’s Budget for 2020*, setting out
   actions and initiatives which will help us fulfil our mission to inspire,
   engage, enable and connect the library field over the coming year.
   - We had a full and productive discussion in our *Professional
Committee* covering
   proposals for project funding and the actions plans of IFLA Professional
   Units. We’re impressed how closely the Professional Units have aligned
   their activities over the coming year with the *IFLA Strategy*, helping
   to move the Strategy forward.
   - We discussed IFLA’s offer to *members*, and priorities and options for
   ensuring that IFLA provides the maximum possible value.
   - We discussed the *World Library and Information Congresses*, with good
   progress being made. In particular, our Professional Committee discussed
   satellite meeting and programme proposals for 2020, and you can expect to
   see Calls for Papers listed on the IFLA WLIC 2020 website from January.
   - We discussed next year’s *Trend Report*. This will be the first
   large-scale update since 2013, and we’re looking forward to sharing expert
   insights into the key issues and trends that will shape the future of our
   field over the coming years.
   - We strengthened IFLA’s *partnerships with other organisations* who can
   help us achieve our goals, notably confirming IFLAs’ membership of the
   Climate Heritage Network, and moving towards an agreement with the
   International League of Antiquarian Booksellers in order to support efforts
   to reduce theft and trafficking of books and other documents

Keep an eye on our website and social media for further updates on our work!

Warm wishes,

Christine

Christine Mackenzie, *FALIA*

President, International Federation of Library Associations and
Institutions (IFLA)

p:   +61 0417 326 148

e:   [log in to unmask]

w:   www.christinemackenzie.com.au

Unsubscribe from this list :
https://mail.iflalists.org/wws/sigrequest/ifla-l
For assistance please contact mailto:[log in to unmask]

email to [log in to unmask]
https://groups.google.com/a/cfla-fcab.ca/d/msgid/members/F6A3A24A-1EE3-49A9-8D96-47C6F0AFCC05%40cfla-fcab.ca
<https://groups.google.com/a/cfla-fcab.ca/d/msgid/members/F6A3A24A-1EE3-49A9-8D96-47C6F0AFCC05%40cfla-fcab.ca?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.

--

*Trecia Schell*
President

Atlantic Provinces Library Association

*T* (902) 755-6031 *E* [log in to unmask]

[image:
https://drive.google.com/a/apla.ca/uc?id=1FOTwQCqu362vv7JVtSWZPlNoCIVg9S1g&export=download]
@aplacontact  [image:
https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=17zDvqq4GV9zRFtVKqB_oP60ZHZVaraqM&revid=0BznzCJG0TuIgTm4yT3pGOFRqZDFEYkFlMXVtMlpjNGN2RHpzPQ]