From: APLA-List List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Margaret Vail
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 9:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [APLA-LIST] THATCamp@X, 8 April 2019, Digital Pedagogy

Dear Colleagues,

Join us on April 8th, 2019 in Antigonish, Nova Scotia for THATCamp @ X!
http://thatcampx2019.thatcamp.org<http://thatcampx2019.thatcamp.org/>
#THATCampX

The theme of our event will be Digital Pedagogies, with a focus on post-secondary instruction methods. We welcome students, teachers, librarians, and other professionals interested in this topic.

THATCamp stands for "The Humanities and Technology Camp." It is an unconference: an open, inexpensive meeting where humanists and technologists of all skill levels learn and build together in sessions proposed on the spot.

Our keynote<http://thatcampx2019.thatcamp.org/news/>, which is free and open to the public, will be by  Professor Bonnie Stewart (University of Windsor): "Digital Pedagogy in an Age of Algorithms: What do we DO about Data?." 8 April, 3:45-5:00pm in the Desmond Hall (Coady West Building Rm 120, St Francis Xavier University).

THATCamp is:

  *   Collaborative: there are no spectators at a THATCamp. Everyone participates, including in the task of setting an agenda or program.
  *   Informal: there are no lengthy proposals, papers, presentations, or product demos. The emphasis is on productive, collegial work or free-form discussion.
  *   Spontaneous and timely, with the agenda / schedule / program being mostly or entirely created by all the participants during the first session of the first day, rather than weeks or months beforehand by a program committee.
  *   Productive: participants are encouraged to use session time to create, build, write, hack, and solve problems.
Please visit our website for more information: http://thatcampx2019.thatcamp.org<http://thatcampx2019.thatcamp.org/>
Read more about the THATCamp movement and browse other THATCamps at thatcamp.org<http://thatcamp.org/>.

Looking forward to seeing you in Antigonish for a productive and exciting day!
Laura

Prof. Laura Estill
Tier 2 Canada Research Chair in Digital Humanities
Associate Professor of English, St. Francis Xavier University
Editor, World Shakespeare Bibliography

Margaret Vail
Systems Developer - On leave from Dalhousie until June 2019
Academic Technology Services, Dalhousie Libraries
[mini-icon]orcid.org/0000-0002-3441-9454<http://orcid.org/0000-0002-3441-9454>

[dalhousie-2018-logo]
Dalhousie sits on the traditional territory of the Mi'kmaq. We are all treaty people.