FYI – ATI
Please share this opportunity freely – Veuillez partager cet opportunité à volonté
Katherine McColgan, CAE
Executive Director -- Directrice générale
Canadian Federation of Library Associations
Fédération canadienne des associations de bibliothèques
[log in to unmask]">
75 rue Jolicoeur, Gatineau QC, J8Y 1A8
[log in to unmask]">@CFLAFCAB
CFLA-FCAB recognizes the Algonquin peoples as the traditional custodians of the land in which our office is located.
The International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) Headquarters is looking for an experienced Communications Officer to join a dynamic international team undertaking global projects.
Over the next ten years, IFLA aims to transform the library field and itself through concerted and coordinated efforts at the global, regional, and national level. The ultimate benefit of this work will be seen at the local level through better library services helping more people gain literacy, improve their education, find employment, improve their health, etc. IFLA has outlined a number of activities to initiate this transformation and a key to their success will be the ability to enhance communications and connections between IFLA, its organisational members and individual librarians around the world. The activities will contribute to strengthening the IFLA brand. By enhancing the impact of its communication actions, IFLA also seeks to widen its audience beyond library and information professionals, attracting international organisations, government, and business.
IFLA Headquarters is located in The Hague (next to The Hague Central Station) in The Netherlands.
Key areas of Responsibility
This position is part of the Communications Team and will be responsible for increasing IFLA’s effectiveness in communicating with internal and external stakeholders regarding project activities and overall IFLA initiatives. A key goal will be to support the implementation of IFLA’s communication strategy by providing creative ideas and achieving them in the most effective way.
Qualifications and Experience
· At least 5 years of experience covering various aspects of communications activities
· Excellent written & verbal communications and presentation skills in English (native speaker desirable)
· Sound knowledge of software, processes and procedures needed for communications and PR
· Digital communication skills, including social media and website development, writing, editing and delivering web content
· Ability to think and write creatively, approach communication from new angles, and put the ideas into practice
· Strong teamwork skills
Additionally, the candidate will have:
· Experience with the use of CMS (e.g. WordPress, Drupal)
· Ability to script, shoot, edit and publish original digital media—requiring experience with video equipment and Adobe Premiere, etc. (in house)
· Experience with animated video platforms/applications
· Experience with scripting videos for outsourced video production
· Analytical skills, with the ability to interpret and visualise data
· Experience in working within an international NGO organisation
· Knowledge / awareness of issues in the information environment / the library profession
The gross monthly salary offered will be EUR 3,605 per month in line with the Collective Agreement of Public Libraries in The Netherlands. You will also receive a holiday allowance (8% of your annual salary), an end of year bonus and enjoy 25 days of holidays per year. You will also participate in IFLA’s group pension scheme.
The closing date is 19 October 2018. Due to the high volume of applications we are expecting to receive, interested candidates are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please send your CV including a motivation letter addressing the responsibilities and skills required for the position in English to [log in to unmask]. Only candidates with valid documentation to work in The Netherlands will be considered.