From: "Jeff Ollerhead" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Jan 29, 2018 9:11 AM
Subject: Re: Letter from APLA Re: Position of University Librarian
To: "Kathryn Rose" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "Maria Smith" <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Dr. Rose,

Thank you for your letter dated 23 January 2018. I appreciate
the thoughtful nature of your letter.

We are in the early stages of reviewing the most effective way to manage
academic departments and programs at Mount Allison. A review of this sort
is undertaken periodically and is not unusual in any respect, at
any university. Our review includes the number and arrangement of academic
deans and professional academic staff such as the university librarian. We
plan to hold many additional internal consultations in the coming weeks and
months.

I regret that some stakeholders have interpreted the consultation process
as equivalent to testing decisions already made. While it is the case that
we are discussing the merits of having a combined academic dean/university
librarian, supported by a manager or director with complementary skills,
this is but one structure now under discussion. Our decisions are still
many weeks to months away.

Respectfully,

Jeff Ollerhead

Jeff Ollerhead
Provost and Vice-President, Academic and Research

Mount Allison University
65 York Street
<https://maps.google.com/?q=65+York+Street+%0D+Sackville+NB+%C2%A0E4L+1E4&entry=gmail&source=g>
Sackville NB  E4L 1E4
<https://maps.google.com/?q=65+York+Street+%0D+Sackville+NB+%C2%A0E4L+1E4&entry=gmail&source=g>

tel: (506) 364-2622

On Jan 26, 2018, at 17:05, Kathryn Rose <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dr. Ollerhead,

Please see the attached letter from the Atlantic Provinces Library
Association.

Regards,

Kathryn Rose,
APLA President, 2017-18