Please see attached for possible grant opportunity.

Kathryn
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Shelagh Paterson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Dec 12, 2017 4:05 PM
Subject: FW: Grant Opportunity - Indigo Love of Reading Foundation Literacy Fund Grant
To: "CFLA Board" <[log in to unmask]>, "The Partnership" <[log in to unmask]>, "Anita Brooks-Kirkland" <[log in to unmask]>

Hello all, please promote in your province/territory….

-----------------------------
Shelagh Paterson, MLIS, Executive Director,
Ontario Library Association

416-363-3388 or 1-866-873-9867 ext 224

From: Ariel Siller <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, December 11, 2017 at 2:50 PM
To: Shelagh Paterson <[log in to unmask]>

Hello,

I’m reaching out today to share information about the Indigo Love of Reading Foundation’s Literacy Fund grants.  We would appreciate your help in identifying high-needs elementary schools that might be great candidates for our Literacy Fund Grant.

Our Foundation is committed to supporting high-needs elementary school libraries across Canada in order to help inspire a love of reading in all children. We believe that school libraries brimming with new and engaging books are essential to ensuring that Canadian children become confident readers and engaged learners.

As part of this commitment, each year, the Indigo Love of Reading Literacy Fund provides $1.5 million in grants to a select number of high-needs elementary schools across Canada.  Last year, we provided grants to the thirty schools listed here:  http://www.loveofreading.org/en/literacy_fund_grant

Over the last 13 years, the Indigo Love of Reading Foundation, through all of our programs, has provided over $26 million to more than 3,000 Canadian high-needs elementary schools, impacting 900,000 students.

The application for the Literacy Fund grant, as well as an Overview and FAQs, is available here: https://grant-application.loveofreading.org/

Please share this information with schools in your community. We’d be delighted to answer any questions that you or any prospective applicants might have.  Feel free to contact me directly or email [log in to unmask].

All my best,

Ariel

Ariel R. Siller

Executive Director