The New Fall EI Calendar is here!

From: Mary-Rose O’Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date: September 6, 2017 at 6:37:53 PM ADT
To: The Partnership <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: The New Fall EI Calendar is here!

Hi everyone,

The EI Fall Calendar is now out. Please share the below email with your members. Text version is attached.

Thanks!

Mary

Mary-Rose O’Connor, MLIS

Education Coordinator

Ontario Library Association

T 416.363.3388 ext. 223 | T 866.873.9867 | C 519.694.6279

Website | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Give the gift of reading through the Festival Fund, DONATE TODAY!

receiving emails about the Ontario Library Association's benefits, events and more, click here.

It's Fall Harvest - Handpicked Learning Opportunities for You

 Problem viewing this email? Click here

EI logo

Education Institute

About

Events

Store

Job Board

Journal

The Fall EI Calendar is NOW available!

We had a fruitful harvest here at the Education Institute, and we are thrilled to share our crop of new courses with you.

Time for your brain to stop grazing - enroll now! Space is limited.

Download the EI Fall 2017 Calendar here.

Check out what's coming up at the Education Institute:

EVERGREEN TALKS PRESENTS: DAVID GOLDBLOOM AND PIER BRYDEN

David Goldbloom and Pier Bryden

Tuesday, September 12  | 7:30 - 8:15PM

Evergreen nominees will host a 45-minute author visit virtually. For more information, visit accessola.com/forest.

A humane behind-the-scenes account of a week in the life of a psychiatrist at one of Canada’s leading mental health hospitals. How Can I Help? takes us to the frontlines of modern psychiatric care. How Can I Help? portrays a week in the life of Dr. David Goldbloom as he treats patients, communicates with families, and trains staff at CAMH, the largest psychiatric facility in Canada. This highly readable and touching behind-the-scenes account of his daily encounters with a wide range of psychiatric concerns—from his own patients and their families to Emergency Department arrivals—puts a human face on an often misunderstood area of medical expertise. From schizophrenia and borderline personality disorder to post-traumatic stress syndrome and autism, How Can I Help? investigates a range of mental issues.

EVERGREEN TALKS PRESENTS: ALICE ZORN

Alice Zorn

Thursday, September 14  | 3 - 3:45PM

Evergreen nominees will host a 45-minute author visit virtually. For more information, visit accessola.com/forest.

A sister. A baby. A man who watches from the trees.

Fara and her husband buy a house with a disturbing history that reawakens memories of her own family tragedy. Maddy still lives in the house, once a hippie commune, where her daughter was kidnapped twenty-seven years ago. Rose grew up isolated with her mother in the backwoods north of Montreal. Now in the city, she questions the silence and deception that shaped her upbringing.

Fara, Maddy, and Rose meet in Montreal’s historic Pointe St-Charles, a rundown neighbourhood on the cusp of gentrification. Against a backdrop of abandonment, loss, and revitalization, the women must confront troubling secrets in order to rebuild their lives. Zorn deftly interweaves the rich yet fragile lives of three very different people into a story of strength and friendship.

MEETING HACKS

Ron Kirsop

Tuesday, September 19  | 12 - 1PM

Meetings are an inescapable part of professional life, but that doesn’t mean the unproductive stereotypes surrounding meetings needs to be the standard. Through planned organization and communication you can turn any aimless gathering into an effective working group with clear objectives.

THROWN INTO TEEN PROGRAMMING? SKILLS & TOOLS FOR SUCCESS - PART 1

Rachel Chong

Thursday, September 21  | 2 - 3PM

Being tasked with teen programming can be overwhelming. How do you attract an audience? How do you get funds? How do you decide what to do? In this webinar we will explore what some libraries are doing for teen programming and provide you with the tools to select programs, implement programs, and revise programs as needed.

Part 1 will cover how to:

·                  Identify and overcome systematic barriers

·                  Explore the range of teen programming currently in use

·                  Develop criteria to select suitable programs for your library

        Explore Dozens of Webinars!

Collections & Resources

Management & Admin

Careers & Training

Teaching & Learning

Programs & Services

Research & Assessment

Technology & Social Media

Marketing & Communications

www.educationinstitute.ca

  [log in to unmask]  |  416.363.3388

The Partnership

 OLA members and Education Institute registrants receive emails about upcoming Education Institute webinars. You may also receive these emails if you signed up to receive them.

Opt out of emails about the Education Institute by editing your preferences here. To stop receiving all emails from the Ontario Library Association, unsubscribe here.

If you would prefer not to receive emails from us, go here.
Please send any comments about this email to [log in to unmask]

Informz for iMIS