Not everyone has a mobile device. Our book scanner is heavily used with our
PEI Special Collection books, which are in turn heavily used by (often
elderly) members of our community doing personal/genealogical research.
They very often don't have any kind of mobile device.  We consider it a
necessary service to offer a scanning device for public use that is
special-book friendly, i.e. scans from above and does not require crushing
the spine, and that offers to save the scan to email and/or usb. Even
handling those outputs is often at the limit of their technical skills.

So, back to the original question - anyone have any experience with KIC's
scanning products?

Melissa