From: APLA-List List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Suzanne van den Hoogen
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 9:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [APLA] Professional Development Opportunity: Call for Volunteers to serve on CFLA-FCAB Copyright Committee

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

The Canadian Federation of Library Associations/Fédération canadienne des associations de bibliothèques has formed a Copyright Committee with the mandate to:

·         advise the Board as they promote our library communities’ positions on copyright,

·         oversee the development of appropriate position statements and supporting documentation and strategies, and

·         foster the optimal degree of collaboration and alignment on copyright advocacy across the Canadian library communities.

The Federation is looking for volunteers from the various sectors with a deep understanding of the issues involved to serve on a Copyright Committee. Potential volunteers must be willing to participate in at least 1-2 conference calls per month and dedicate 10 hours a month to the work of the Committee. The attached Copyright Committee Charter provides more information about responsibilities and deliverables.

As a member of CFLA/FCAB, APLA recently received a Call for Volunteers to serve on the Copyright Committee, and we have been asked to recommend up to three possible members. If you are interested in serving, please notify me<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by November 23, and include a brief explanation of relevant experience and/or interest to support your offer to volunteer.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Suzanne

APLA President 2016-17