From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2016 12:38 PM
To: Somers, Lynn M <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Registration is Open! Will you join us at the CLA National Forum?

Registration for the 2016 CLA National Forum  is now OPEN!

As members or past participants, you're invited to the

2016 CLA National Forum

Libraries matter. Your voice matters. Prepare for a Canadian Library Association event like no other!

What is new?

As CLA winds down and the new Canadian Federation of Library Associations starts up, the June 1-3, 2016 meeting in Ottawa will be a watershed gathering.

This will not be another conference of talking heads and uncertain outcomes. Instead, we are hosting a forum centered on a key set of library issues of national importance.

Participate with colleagues from across Canada and around the world in focused dialogues and help craft outcomes that will advance the state of libraries and the emerging Federation. In sessions designed to inform and engage, those attending will consider some of the most critical challenges facing libraries in Canada.

This is an action oriented policy and advocacy forum. You will be challenged through discussion and debate, and your contributions will advance libraries in Canada.

We will celebrate the legacy of CLA and we will stimulate a new era of engagement, focus, vitality, and impact. As a community we are embarking on a new path. Help chart the way.

The 2016 CLA National Forum presents:
Chief Wilton Littlechild: Truth and Reconciliation of Canada

Chief Wilton (Willie) Littlechild, is one of the three commissioners of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. He is also a respected lawyer, advocating for the rights of Indigenous Peoples, avidly promoting self-determination and Treaty implementation.
Dr. Littlechild has served as the Chairperson for the Commission on First Nations and Métis Peoples and Justice Reform in Saskatchewan.

Join us during our opening plenary session on June 1st as Chief Littlechild shares the journey to reconciliation through education.

Program Highlights

Closing Keynote Luncheon

Globally, memory institutions are recognizing the importance of making their analogue collections available online.  In order to ensure our efforts are as efficient as possible, broad digitization strategies are being developed all around the world. Canada itself is putting in place a national heritage digitization strategy, which will bring together archives, libraries, museums and galleries, associations, non-profit organizations, corporations, and other interested parties to coordinate the digitization for discovery, access and preservation of Canadian analogue cultural heritage.

2016 Closing Session Sponsor

On the occasion of the official launch of this Canada's national heritage digitization strategy, Library and Archives Canada has brought together speakers who can provide advice about different aspects of digitization from the perspective of their organizations. Read More

Concurrent Sessions

Program highlights, session descriptions and speaker profiles can all be found on the website, visit the program page for links to all!

CLA Book Awards Luncheon

2016 Book Awards Sponsored by Library Services Centre

Literary and graphic excellence in books for children and young adults is encouraged and promoted through the Book Awards program of the Canadian Library Association. Join us as we publicly honour the recipients of these 3 prestigious awards sponsored by Library Services Centre. Tickets are $30 for Forum registrants or $40 for guests. Link for tickets found on the registration page.

Forum Venue
The Forum will be held at the Delta Ottawa City Centre. Information on reservations for accommodations or other travel discounts can be found here. Room block ends April 29th so book in advance to ensure availability!

Early-bird rate ends May 1st!

Full conference rate:
Members $250 / Non-members $375

For more on registration information and fees click here

Canadian Library Association, 1150 Morrison Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2H8S9 Canada

Sent by [log in to unmask] in collaboration with