Job ID: 1021330
Dept ID: CEIT Citizen Engage & Accounta
Location: QEII Victoria General Site
Close Date: 2015-09-07
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Reporting to the Director of Online Engagement and Media Relations, the Web Content Advisor is responsible for the development and management of content for Nova Scotia Health Authority's intranet and websites. In addition to writing, editing and proofreading,
the person will also be responsible for maintaining site standards with regard to new development, reflecting a high level of professionalism and online innovation. Working closely with other members of the portfolio and the Communications and Public Relations
team, s/he also contributes to the design, planning, integration and development of the sites. (Note: this is not a web developer position.)
* University degree and/or post-secondary study in mass communications, information technology or a related field, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience (with a particular focus on writing for the web)
* Minimum of three years' experience working in an online environment managing content and production for high-traffic websites
* Experience improving user experience on websites and building a corporate online presence, including through social media
* Basic knowledge of HTML and content management and image editing software
experience using Drupal or WordPress, Dreamweaver and Photoshop would be assets
* Knowledge of Canadian Press editorial style
* Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data and monitor performance
* Strong attention to detail, ability to work under tight deadlines and with vast amounts of information
* Exceptional presentation and organizational skills
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within cross-departmental teams
* Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships and interact with clients effectively
* Demonstrated skills in decision-making and problem-solving; ability to analyze situations to determine appropriate course of action
* Demonstrated ability to manage projects, delivering on budget and on time
* Competencies in other languages an asset; French preferred
*Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must clearly state such equivalencies in their cover letter, resume, or application. Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work:
* Permanent full-time position; 75 hours biweekly
Salary: Currently under review
Closing Statement: Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically
interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment at this site.
The Nova Scotia Health Authority policy at this site requires no smoking, vaping or tobacco use on the property or during staff-led patient outings. This means not using any tobacco products, other smoked or heated substances, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes),
cigars, pipes, vape pens and other Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) at any time.