**Apologies for cross posting*
Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario and Alberta are on the participation map, let’s get NB and PEI on there soon!
Libraries are evolving! Our purpose and services have expanded dramatically. No longer are libraries mere “shush zones”. They have become centers for creativity and innovation - places for people to better themselves and their community. Libraries are a nucleus for communication and inspiration.
Outside the Lines is a week-long celebration, demonstrating the new relevance of libraries. Organizations of all types can participate and libraries in the Atlantic Provinces are encouraged to host at least one event or campaign during the week of Sept. 13-19, 2015 that:
1. Gets people thinking – and talking – about libraries in a different way.
2. Showcases the library out in the community as well as in the library.
3. Highlights how your library is relevant to people’s lives.
4. Represents your local community.
5. Is active versus passive – gets people engaged.
6. Is extraordinary and unexpected.
7. Most importantly, is fun!
Your library’s involvement can be grand or simple, on-going, or a one-time event. The important thing is that YOUR community is enlightened!
To learn more and register your library, visit getoutsidethelines.org
Like us on Facebook and join the FB group www.facebook.com/groups/getoutsidethelines/
Get your wheels turning! Get Outside the Lines Today!