The Bedford Institute of Oceanography (BIO) Library invites applications for a variety of temporary full-time Library positions. The positions are for short duration, starting as soon as possible
and, in most cases, ending December 31, 2014.
Job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Unpacking and shelving boxes of library material
- Checking shelf lists and catalogue records for accuracy
- Creating inventory lists of surplus material
- Identifying items for digitization
- Digitizing publications
- Cataloguing (copy and original)
The jobs require some physical effort:
- the ability to lift boxes of up to 13 kg.
- frequent use of stairs, as the library is situated on 3 floors with no elevator access
- frequent stretching, bending and use of step stools when placing material on upper or lower shelves
Casual employment, 37.5 hours weekly, Monday to Friday 8:30- 4:30
annual rate of pay= $45189 per annum, prorated for duration of contract
Reliability Security clearance is a requirement.
Graduation from a recognized library program is essential.
Cover letters and resumes should be addressed via email to
Bedford Institute of Oceanography
Fisheries and Oceans Canada
1 Challenger Drive
Dartmouth NS B2Y 4A2
Government of Canada
Applications must be received by Thursday October 23, 2014.
Librarian, Library Services