Department: Performance Excellenece
Job Posting # 9353-CB
Union: UNI 4600
Date Closing: 7-Jul-2014
Health Sciences Librarian
(Regular Full-Time, Averaging 75 Hours Per Pay Period)
Purpose Of The Position:
Reporting to the Director of Performance Excellence, the Health Sciences Librarian will oversee the library and its daily functions including cataloguing annual journal orders, online literature searches, maintaining the library web page and electronic resources, policy and procedure development and orientation of library users.
Education, Experience, Worker Traits:
· A degree in Library Science preferred or an acceptable Library and Information Technology Program with experience.
· Previous health librarianship experience.
· Proficient in database searching, preferably in health sciences.
· Eligible for registration with the Canadian Health Libraries Association.
· Superior team, interpersonal, communication (both written and oral) skills
· Knowledge of current and emerging library tools and resources.
· Advanced computer skills such as Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer and other related information systems, database systems and software programs.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a collegial team. Flexible and adaptable.
· Demonstrated time management and organization skills, proven analytical, problem-solving, and decision making.
· Good attendance and work record.