Reference Librarian (LS 02)
(rate of pay $62,273/per annum, prorated for 90 days)
37.5 hours weekly, Monday to Friday
Casual employment for 90 working days, approx. mid-June to October 2014
The Bedford Institute of Oceanography (BIO) Library invites applications for one temporary full-time Reference Librarian.
Job duties will include but are not limited to:
· Providing library information services including print and electronic-based reference, research and alerting services
· Training and assisting clients in the use of library resources
· Assisting with other library functions and projects as required
· Education: Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent plus minimum 6 months of library experience
· Competencies: client-focused, initiative, teamwork, good communication skills
· Experience in a science/technology library or research library
· Academic background in sciences
· Proficiency in French (written and spoken) highly desired
Reliability Security clearance is also a requirement.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent via email to
Bedford Institute of Oceanography
Fisheries and Oceans Canada
1 Challenger Drive
Dartmouth NS B2Y 4A2
[log in to unmask]
Government of Canada
Applications must be received by Wednesday May 28, 2014.