Partnership Education Committee
The Partnership Education Committee is responsible for creating and encouraging professional development opportunities for the approximately 7500 individual members of Partnership associations. This is currently achieved through the administration of the Education Institute (EI) and the Continuing Education Certificate program (CEC). The committee is comprised of representatives from each Partnership association who act as liaison between their home association and the Partnership. The objective of the committee is to develop programming for EI webinars and courses, and to promote the EI and CEC offerings as benefits for individual association members.
The Education Committee is led by a chair that organizes the agenda for the committee’s meetings, ensures that the direction and actions of the committee are in line with the aims of the Partnership, and reports to the Partnership at bi-annual meetings. The OLA Education Manager is a standing member who oversees scheduling and delivery of the Education Institute webinars and courses. The LAA Executive Director is a standing member who oversees the administration of the Continuing Education Certificate program.
Responsibilities of Association Representatives:
1. Communicate to and from their home association members, especially advertising webinars/courses, finding new EI content, and encouraging new CEC participants
2. Recruit content ideas and speakers from their home association for webinars and courses
3. Serve as the CEC contact to members of their home association
4. Attend Education Committee meetings (6 - 12 per year, by teleconference)
5. Prepare reports for all executive meetings and general meetings of the home association
A minimum term of 2 years is recommended to ensure success for the representative and the Education Committee.