From: APLA-List List [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Louise White [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [APLA] APLA Complaint re LAC Code of Conduct - Update

Yesterday APLA received correspondence from the Office of the Information Commissioner of Canada relevant to our complaint regarding the potential effects of the Library and Archives Code of Conduct.  The assigned investigator reports that LAC, on December 18, 2014, posted a revised version of its Code of Conduct.  The question to APLA is, in light of the revision, can our complaint can be settled.

The APLA Executive will review the revisions and determine if settlement is in order.  No deadline for a decision was communicated, so we will take the time we need for examination and consultation.  Any member wishing to comment can send remarks to this list or to me directly.  Discussion with other library associations, including CLA and members of the Partnership, will also take place.

Your comments and suggestions are welcome,

Louise

Louise White

President

Atlantic Provinces Library Association

Tel 709 757 0719

This email is governed by the Terms and Conditions found in our Disclaimer.