Good morning all,
Here are a few important updates from the APLA Nominations and Elections Committee:
Since the autumn meeting of the executive the following positions have been filled:
1. Bulletin Co-Editor – Corrine Gilroy (MSVU) joins Ron Rooth as APLA Bulletin Co-Editor focussing on the web and PDF layout.
2. Webmaster – Melissa Anez (UPEI) joins us as our new webmaster and website developer
3. Communications and PR – Laurinda Matheson (StFX) has now taken on the Communications and PR role replacing Leigh Gagnier who just had an awfully cute kid.
Call for Nominations:
The committee is now accepting nominations (including self-nominations) for the following executive positions:
1. VP / President Elect (3 year term as President Elect, President, and Past President)
2. VP Nova Scotia (2 year term)
3. VP Prince Edward Island (2 year term)
Details on the duties of these positions can be found in the APLA Procedures manual, available at http://apla.ca/?q=documents
APLA is a growing and energetic association with a membership of nearly 400. The executive manages a scholarship and several other important awards, and works as an important advocacy voice for libraries in Atlantic Canada. APLA is an important member of The Partnership of provincial and territorial library associations of Canada, helping to administer such important programs as the Education Institute, The Continuing Education Certificate Program, Partnership: the Canadian Journal of Library and Information Practice and Research, and the national job board. APLA also hosts the largest library conference in Atlantic Canada (http://www.apla2014moncton.ca/).
Please forward all nominations, including a CV and brief statement of interest to:
APLA Past President / Nominations and Elections Committee Chair
Patrick Power Library, Saint Mary's University
923 Robie Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 3C3902-420-5174