Access 2013: Call for Volunteers!
Good day from the 2013 Access Conference Planning Committee!
As you may know, Access is Canada’s premier library technology conference, and this year marks its 20th Anniversary. We are delighted that it will be held in St. John’s, NL (Sept. 23-26), on this Anniversary year!
At this time, we are looking for enthusiastic volunteers (half-day and full-day) to help out on conference day. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Tweeting and Blogging the day’s events and happenings;
· Acting as guides during social events and outings;
· Assisting with general “go-to” duties, as needed;
· Providing assistance and directions to delegates;
· Answering questions;
· Time-Keeping and Introductions;
· Working on the registration desk.
Free conference attendance will be available for hours volunteered. In addition, if you would like to volunteer and you have reliable transportation, we would love to hear from you! If leaving the venue to run errands becomes necessary, we may gratefully call on your assistance.
2013 Access Planning Committee
Amanda Tiller, BA (Hons), MA, MLIS
Humanities Collection Development Librarian
Queen Elizabeth II Library, MUN