The Nova Scotia Department of Education and Early Childhood Development has an excellent opportunity for a full time, permanent Records Analyst. The vacancy is posted on Career Beacon and the closing date is July 18, 2013:
Please quote Competition #BT-0654MP-CB
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications from Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on your application form, cover letter, or on your resume.
The Records Analyst 2 (Records and Information Management Officer) is responsible for managing all aspects of the records management service for the Nova Scotia Department of Education and Early Childhood Development. Currently focused on paper and legislative and regulatory compliance, we are transitioning to better management of electronic information resources and to positioning information as a strategic business resource and asset of the provincial government.
Reporting to the Manager, Information Management Division, the Records Analyst 2 plans for, implements, and evaluates record keeping solutions in a decentralized environment.
Working with considerable independence, the Records Analyst 2 uses his/her expertise to devise innovative and effective strategies for the Department to meet the requirements of provincial standards and policies and statutory requirements, while addressing
business operational needs. Duties include advising on good records management solutions within the Department for both paper and electronic records, ensuring that the Standard for Operational Records (STOR) and Standard for Administrative Records (STAR) are
followed, and managing the training plan for the Department’s Records Management Network. The Records Analyst also supports the Manager, Information Management Division in key accountabilities related to access and privacy, including assisting with access
to information requests and writing Privacy Impact Assessments; communicating the importance of information as a strategic business resource and asset of the provincial government to managers and staff across the department; building an information management
community; and actively participating in related information management initiatives.
A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (such as information management, records management, library services or archival studies) plus a minimum of two years’ related experience (or an acceptable equivalent combination of training and experience) is required.
• Demonstrated experience managing a records management program, preferably in a decentralized environment
• Knowledge of and direct experience in the practical application of records and information management theory, principles and practices
• Familiarity with information-related legislation is required; familiarity with Nova Scotia’s Government Records Act, the Public Archives Act, and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act would be an asset
• A high degree of computer literacy with standard office productivity software
• A skilled project manager, self-confident, high quality customer service and a genuine desire to assist and encourage others through times of change
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to lift or carry weights of up to 20 kilograms and handle boxes of files on ladders and sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time may be required
• Familiarity with electronic record-keeping software, a reading knowledge of French, and experience with access and privacy would be assets
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer or will result in termination of your employment.
Pay Grade: PR 8
Salary Range: $44,031 - $53,980
Closing Date: July 18, 2013
Manager, Information Management Division
Nova Scotia Department of Education and Early Childhood Development
This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disseminate, or distribute it. Do not open any attachments. Delete the message immediately from your system and notify the sender by e-mail or telephone that you have done so. Thank you.