Job ID: 1014603
Dept ID: LIBN NSH HOSP LIBR
Location: Nova Scotia Hospital
Close Date: 2013-06-20
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Library Services, and the day-to-day supervision of the Librarian Educator, the Library Technician provides editorial support for the patient pamphlet process. The Library Technician is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the patient education database, maintaining an archive of copyright agreements, cataloguing patient pamphlets using Inmagic, contacting content experts when material is to be renewed, and ensuring that patient pamphlets meet Capital Health standards.
In addition, the Library Technician will undertake some general cataloguing of Library materials, and will provide occasional support to Library staff for interlibrary loans, circulation and general Library duties. This position provides highly specialized editorial support to professional staff, researchers and students. The Library Technicians may plan and coordinate the work of library volunteers, and in the absence of the Librarian, may assume temporary administration of the library operation.
* Successful completion of a recognized Library and Information Technician Program
* Minimum of 2 years library experience or equivalent
* Health Science Library experience preferred
* Completion of a medical terminology course an asset
* Knowledge of library procedures and resources
* Proficient computer skills in current library computer systems and applications such as DBText, InMagic, Internet use, DOCLINE
* Proficiency in word processing, database management and spreadsheet applications
* Ability to use library technical equipment such as photocopiers, scanners and fax machine
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work:
* Permanent, full-time position; 75 hours bi-weekly
* Beginning July 8, 2013
Salary: Library Technician:
$20.2153 - $22.9720 hourly
Closing Statement: Thank you for your interest in this position.
This is a NSGEU Bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
We will contact you should you be selected for an interview. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Capital Health is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment that promotes our vision - Healthy people, healthy communities.
Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.