Please see below a permanent part-time Library Technician at Capital Health.
Here is the link on Career Beacon:
[log in to unmask]" alt="http://www.careerbeacon.com/_logo/8521_1_capital_district_health.gif">
Job ID: 1014088
Dept ID: LIBR HOSPITAL LIBRAR
Location: Halifax Infirmary - 2nd floor
Close Date: 2013-04-18
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Library Services, the Library Technician is responsible for the operation and maintenance of library systems in the areas of book acquisition, cataloguing, serials management, interlibrary loans and circulation. This position provides highly specialized reference and research services to professional staff, researchers and students. All technical service functions are coordinated by the Library Technicians. The Library Technicians may plan and coordinate the work of library volunteers, advise and guide the library clerks, and in the absence of the Librarian, may assume temporary administration of the library operation.
* Successful completion of a recognized Library and Information Technician Program
* Minimum of 2 years library experience or equivalent
* Health Science Library experience preferred
* Completion of a medical terminology course an asset
* Knowledge of library procedures and resources
* Proficient computer skills in current library computer systems and applications such as DBText, InMagic, Internet use, DOCLINE
* Proficiency in word processing, database management and spreadsheet applications
* Ability to use library technical equipment such as photocopiers, scanners and fax machine
**Please Note: Applicants relying on equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.**
Hours of Work:
* Permanent part-time (45%) position; 33.75 hours biweekly
Salary: Library Technician:
$20.2153 - $22.9720 hourly
Closing Statement: Thank you for your interest in this position.
This is a NSGEU Bargaining unit position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions.
We will contact you should you be selected for an interview. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Capital Health is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment that promotes our vision - Healthy people, healthy communities.
Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) to People Services before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
Penny Logan BA, MLS, AHIP
Manager Library Services
1796 Summer St. #2212
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
[log in to unmask]" alt="cid:[log in to unmask]">