Some info below from the Association of Nova Scotia Museums. You likely heard about the discovery of many stolen items in Fall River. many items belonged to libraries. If you have items that you suspect might be invovled, there is an RCMP contact listed in the message below.

Lou

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Anita Price (ANSM)" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: 23 January, 2013 2:30:41 PM AST
To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: The Great Theft Recovery 2013

Hi Lou

You probably heard this hit the news this AM

RCMP are dealing with a huge amount of material  some unique some yardsale and very thing between.

They have been in touch with individual libraries when they have found  some sort of identification on items which leads them to a specific collection.

SMU, MSVU, DAL have all been  contacted. I dont have contact names for the libraries or any sense if they have been spreading the word within the library community.

RCMP are encouraging heritage orgs that have experienced theft to get in touch with them preferably with a theft report/image of the items in question.

Thefts are from the Atlantic Region so the word needs to be widespread.

We have stacks of images from them  Im looking at putting them up on our website rather than continuous circulating large batches of images  more keep coming.

RCMP staff lead

Darryl Morgan

Street Crime Enforcement Unit

Halifax District