Job ID: 1012974
Dept ID: RMU1 - Rsch Methods
Close Date: 2012-11-15
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
The Research Methods Unit in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is recruiting a Research Database Specialist. Reporting to the Research Data Manager, Research Methods Unit, and collaborating with other consultants within the Research Methods Unit, the Research Database Specialist provides consulting support related to development and maintenance of health and clinical research databases for the Research Methods Unit.
* Bachelor's degree in a related area and /or 2-5 years of experience in health or clinical research databases or equivalent.
* Demonstrated ability to build custom database applications to client specifications.
* Designs complex database structures using standard conventions and procedures.
* Knowledge and experience in user interface design.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Access, MySQL, MS SQL Server, and/or web-based database development
* Proficiency in programming including SAS, VBA, SQL, R, Stata, and/or SPSS
* Experience with data management, validation, formatting and cleaning.
* Experience with establishing servers and web hosting applicable to online data collection an asset.
* Ability to successfully work in a multi-institutional health and clinical research service environment
* Ability to work independently and as a ream member in a results-oriented environment
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Ability to meet deadlines and within budget
* Excellent communication skills, including advanced written and spoken English skills
* Excellent teaching skills
**Applicants relying on equivalents must demonstrate such equivalency in their applications. Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.**
Hours of Work:
* Long assignment full-time position; 75 hours biweekly
* Beginning December 3, 2012 until December 31, 2013
* This position may be renewable pending sufficient funding
Salary: Salary to be determined