I’m just forwarding this to those of you who might not be on the CHLA list. I think this is really very exciting. If you’ve never been to the HLWIKI, it is worth a look. There is a lot of great information there.

Michelle Helliwell,

Library Services

Available for reference help via email, phone or OCS.

From: Canadian Medical Libraries List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dean Giustini
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2012 4:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [CANMEDLIB] Taking the wiki global, HLWIKI International

Hi all,

As most of you know, HLWIKI (health librarian wiki) celebrated its fifth anniversary in 2012, and its five-millionth page view. The plan has always been to create an international project and I have surmised that now is the right time to increase our reach and membership. I’d like to welcome our newest members on the advisory: Robin Featherstone (Montreal Canada), Guus van den Brekel (Netherlands), Natalie Clairoux (Montreal Canada), Nikki Dettmar (United States, Seattle), and Laurie Blanchard (Winnipeg Canada). Over the next few weeks, I will continue to seek out a Spanish-speaking librarian as the goal is to create bilingual versions of our most popular entries (in both French and Spanish).

In the meantime, I’d like to thank those social media users / medical librarians who have agreed to volunteer their time. Since more than 50% of the users of the wiki come from developing countries, I see the project as sharing medical information and librarian expertise with our peers in those areas where authoritative information is lacking. If you have any questions about this entirely-volunteer based project, please feel free to send me an e-mail [log in to unmask]

HLWIKI International Advisory

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential, privileged, or otherwise protected from disclosure. It is intended only for the use of the authorized individual(s) as indicated in the email message. Any unauthorized viewing, disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action based on the contents of this material is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender as a courtesy and delete the email and its attachments immediately. Thank you for your cooperation.
AVIS DE CONFIDENTIALITÉ : Les renseignements inclus dans ce courriel peuvent être confidentiels, privilégiés ou autrement protégés contre toute communication. Ils sont transmis à l'intention de la personne autorisée, tel qu'indiqué dans le message. Toute consultation, divulgation, copie, distribution ou autre action non autorisée liée au contenu de ce message est strictement interdite. Si vous avez reçu ce courriel par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'expéditeur et supprimer immédiatement le message ainsi que toute pièce jointe. Merci de votre coopération.