Dear APLA Members,

The attached letter was forwarded to me by Crystal Rose, President of the Newfoundland and Labrador Library Association.  It has been submitted to Memorial University’s Copyright Action Committee, in response to their request for feedback on the AUCC’s proposed model license agreement with Access Copyright.  I am sharing it with Crystal’s permission.

Congratulations to NLLA for their continued leadership on this important issue.

Jocelyne

From: Rose, Crystal
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 10:12 AM
To: [log in to unmask]; Collins, Michael
Subject: Copyright­ Feedback Request

TO: Dr. David Wardlaw, provost and vice-president (academic) and chair of copyright action committee

c/o Mary Haynes

FROM: The Newfoundland and Labrador Library Association (NLLA)

RE: Consideration of Model License Proposed by Access Copyright and AUCC

Dear Dr. Wardlaw,

Attached is the position of the Newfoundland and Labrador Library Association (NLLA) on the AUCC’s proposed model license agreement with Access Copyright. It was drafted by the NLLA Executive Committee after consultation with our over 100 members in the province. The NLLA appreciates that Memorial University has requested feedback on this issue, and we sincerely hope you will take our strong objections to the terms of the proposed model license into consideration.

Thanks-you,

Crystal Rose, President NLLA

Public Services Librarian

Ferriss Hodgett Library