And please post this ...
Partnership: The Canadian Journal of Library and Information Practice and Research invites applications for the position of Business Manager.
Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, and working in a collegial atmosphere with a team of eleven other Partnership editors, this is an unpaid position on one of Canada’s leading open access journals serving the library profession. The position provides excellent recognition and professional development opportunities. Benefits include complimentary registration at the annual OLA Super Conference. The initial term of appointment is two years (renewable).
· Works with the Editor-in-Chief and The Partnership Board to set revenue goals for the journal.
· Researches and applies various income models for supporting open access publishing.
· Develops and maintains relationships with donors, advertisers, sponsors, and other potential funding sources.
· Solicits appropriate advertising content for the journal.
· Works with the journal system administrator to incorporate advertising into the Partnership website.
· Previous relevant experience managing advertising and/or fund-raising campaigns would be desirable.
· Knowledge of the library vendor community would be an asset.
The business of running the journal is conducted primarily by email with occasional teleconferences and one face-to-face meeting per year. The time commitment for the Business Manager will vary from month to month and, to some extent, will depend on the initiative of the individual. The workload would probably not exceed 10-12 days per year.
Application and Selection Procedure
Deadline for applications is February 29, 2012.
Letters of application stating interest and qualifications, along with a current CV, should be sent to:
Applications will be reviewed by a committee consisting of the Editor-in-Chief and members of The Partnership Board.
Partnership: The Canadian Journal of Library and Information Practice and Research (http://www.partnershipjournal.ca/) is a leading open access journal serving the information and scholarly interests of the entire Canadian library community. The journal has published two issues per year since 2006.
The journal is published by The Partnership: Provincial and Territorial Library Associations of Canada. It is sponsored by the University of Guelph Library and the University Library, University of Saskatchewan.
Partnership is a blended publication featuring formal, double-blind peer-reviewed sections on Theory and Research, and Innovations in Practice; a Conference Spotlight section subject to arm’s length peer-review; plus several sections under editorial review: Professional Development, Reviews, Profiles, Viewpoints, and News and Announcements.
Partnership is hosted by the University of Guelph Library on the OJS platform.