Dear APLA Members:
An organization like ours thrives on the volunteer efforts of its members. Volunteerism is alive and well in APLA, I’m happy to say, and the purpose of this message is to highlight just some of the significant volunteer contributions from which we all benefit.
I would like to recognize and thank:
· Nicole Dixon for taking on the co-editorship of the Bulletin (joining Alexandra Brooks Robinson);
· Julia Mayo for coordinating Games @ the Library;
· Joanne Smyth for convening the Continuing Education Committee;
· Sam Cheng for convening the Computers and Connectivity Interest Group, as well as participating in the website re-design led by Pamela Maher;
· Heather Sanderson for agreeing to chair the Memorial Award Committee; and
· Larry Tweed for his continued service as webmaster since 2009.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Ian Gibson who recently completed his three-year term as Bulletin editor, and Erin Alcock who has stepped down as chair of the Memorial Award Committee. Erin has done yeoman service in the recent past as chair, not only of the Memorial Award, but also convener of the Continuing Education Committee and chair of the 2011 conference. Surely that level of service deserves some kind of award in itself!
As you can see, there are many opportunities for involvement in our association. I encourage you to let your executive know how you might be of service.