LIBRARY MEDIA SUPERVISOR (0.6 position)
REQUIRED BY: Atlantic Provinces Special Education Authority
LOCATION: APSEA Centre, Halifax, NS
Under the direction of the Director of Resource and Assessment Services, the
Supervisor manages and supervises the selection, ordering and organization of print and
non-print materials for the library media centre that will reinforce programs and services
for students served by APSEA; instructs staff in the use of the library as a source of
knowledge and inspiration, and works with staff in the development of library media
programs and services to meet their needs. The Supervisor assists staff in research and
actively participates in supporting information technology needs of staff and students.
1. Assists in the development of policies and procedures related to library media programs and services. Handles reference and research inquiries from staff and outside parties.
2. Manages requests for alternate format production. Oversees the application of the Canadian Copyright Act and related issues with regard to library processes and procedures.
3. Engages in strategic planning and schedules, manages and evaluates the library media centre operations.
4. Maintains and reports on statistical data utilizing the APSEA database as well as other sources of research and information as required.
5. Provides reference and research services, assist with staff development, and instruct students on campus, when appropriate, in the use of the library media centre.
6. Supervises library technicians and summer students.
7. Actively participates in and contributes to professional learning communities and committees.
8. Partners and collaborates with educational resource centres and affiliated provincial government and municipal library services.
TERM: 0.6 permanent position, commencing immediately
Please quote Competition #2010-29 and submit letter of application, current vitae and the names of three work references by noon on Thursday, October 14, 2010 to:
Bertram Tulk, EdD
Atlantic Provinces Special Education Authority
5940 South Street
Halifax, NS B3H 1S6
Fax: (902) 424-5819
Email: [log in to unmask]
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.