Hi Moshin,

A further clarification about the listserv.
If you want to reply to a message that was not sent through the listserv, but have it be distributed to everyone on the Longitudinal Experiences Team, you can hit “Reply” to the message, then delete the entry in the “To” field, and replace it with the listserv address ([log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]).  This way the email will be sure to get to everyone on the team, as well as show up on the listserv archive.

Dianne Delva has been added to the listserv, but will only receive one (digest) message each day, with all the day’s messages appended in one message.  Anyone else can also set up the listserv to also function in this way, simply have a look at the welcome message you received when I registered you on the listserv.

Tim

On 14/01/10 8:26 AM, "Rashid, Mohsin" <[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello Dave,

You have raised some very important issues which will be helpful as we move along in this process.  We will inquire from the Humanities Programme as to the current situation as there had been a change in leadership in that discipline.

Over the years, some students have done Electives in the Leadership/Administration domain e.g. doing a rotation in the Dalhousie Admissions Office, etc.  However, these have been only a few.  Such Electives neither fall into the Clinical category nor Research.  I agree that such opportunities should be expanded.  Maybe “Leadership” is a category that needs to be created.

One major variable that has now come into play in curriculum renewal is the off-site i.e. St. John.  Accreditation requires that the curriculum delivered here in Halifax should be the same as that at the St. John site (similar, not necessarily identical).  Therefore, the Electives opportunities available to students in St. John should be somewhat similar to the ones in Halifax.  This principal will have to be kept in mind in developing any strategies related to the Electives curriculum.

Regards.

Mohsin
14, Jan 2009