Hi everyone, I see I wasn’t clear in my previous email re: one of the links.

Donald Moses, APLA incoming President had supplied the CBC link as a backgrounder to the current article appearing in the Ottawa Citizen.

Thanks, Su

From: APLA-List List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Cleyle, Susan
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 2:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [APLA] NRC to cut jobs

As  I am sure many of you in the APLA community have already heard, there are cuts planned for NRC and CISTI.  There are several news items on this issue. Here are links to two:

CBC re: cuts in Halifax

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/novascotia/story/2007/09/07/job-cuts.html

Ottawa Citizen

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Technology/cuts+affect+positions/1313725/story.html

This is an issue that should be of concern to librarians all across our country. The APLA Executive, on your behalf, will be sending a letter to NRC expressing concern. If you are interested in sending your own letter, it can be directed to the President of NRC:

Dr. Pierre Coulombe

President
National Research Council Canada
NRC EXECUTIVE OFFICES
1200 Montreal Road
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada
K1A 0R6

Telephone: (613) 993-2024

Fax: (613) 957-8850

Susan E. Cleyle, Associate University Librarian
QE II Library, Memorial University, St. John's, NL  A1B 3Y1
Websitewww.library.mun.ca

Memorial-color-logo