From: Rodgers, Wendy
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 4:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Seeking speakers for NLLA 2009

The 2009 Newfoundland and Labrador Library Association Conference is scheduled for Friday, May 1, and we want to hear from you!  We are seeking speakers to deliver presentations on any topic connected to library or information work at all levels.

While we welcome proposals on the full range of library topics, we are particularly interested in hearing from speakers who want to talk about less prominent aspects or areas of the information profession.  How about a “Hinterland Who’s Who” on the rare (possibly endangered) species that is the school librarian?  The habitat of the library technician?  The migratory patterns of the information professional who wanders beyond traditional territory?

In addition, we have invited Dr. Orland Hoeber of the Department of Computer Science, Memorial University, to deliver a keynote presentation on his research in the area of information visualization, Web information retrieval, and Web intelligence.

While the conference will take place on the campus of Memorial University in St. John’s, you don’t have to be in St. John’s to present or attend if you live near a video conferencing centre.  So if you have a 30-minute session to propose, please get in touch with me by Friday, February 27

We look forward to hearing from you!

Wendy Rodgers

For the NLLA Conference Planning Committee

--
Wendy Rodgers

Humanities Research Liaison Librarian
Queen Elizabeth II Library
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada A1B 3Y1
Tel: (709) 737-4439
Fax: (709) 737-2153