From: Rodgers, Wendy
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 4:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask];
Subject: Seeking speakers for NLLA 2009

The 2009 Newfoundland and Labrador Library Association Conference is
scheduled for Friday, May 1, and we want to hear from you!  We are
seeking speakers to deliver presentations on any topic connected to
library or information work at all levels.

While we welcome proposals on the full range of library topics, we are
particularly interested in hearing from speakers who want to talk about
less prominent aspects or areas of the information profession.  How
about a "Hinterland Who's Who" on the rare (possibly endangered) species
that is the school librarian?  The habitat of the library technician?
The migratory patterns of the information professional who wanders
beyond traditional territory?

In addition, we have invited Dr. Orland Hoeber of the Department of
Computer Science, Memorial University, to deliver a keynote presentation
on his research in the area of information visualization, Web
information retrieval, and Web intelligence.

While the conference will take place on the campus of Memorial
University in St. John's, you don't have to be in St. John's to present
or attend if you live near a video conferencing centre.  So if you have
a 30-minute session to propose, please get in touch with me by Friday,
February 27.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Wendy Rodgers

For the NLLA Conference Planning Committee

--
Wendy Rodgers

Humanities Research Liaison Librarian
Queen Elizabeth II Library
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada A1B 3Y1
Tel: (709) 737-4439
Fax: (709) 737-2153