From: Cleyle, Susan
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 2:01 PM
Subject: [APLA] NRC to cut jobs

As  I am sure many of you in the APLA community have already heard, there
are cuts planned for NRC and CISTI.  There are several news items on this
issue. Here are links to two:

CBC re: cuts in Halifax
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/novascotia/story/2007/09/07/job-cuts.html

Ottawa Citizen
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Technology/cuts+affect+positions/1313725/story.html

This is an issue that should be of concern to librarians all across our
country. The APLA Executive, on your behalf, will be sending a letter to NRC
expressing concern. If you are interested in sending your own letter, it can
be directed to the President of NRC:

Dr. Pierre Coulombe
President
National Research Council Canada
NRC EXECUTIVE OFFICES
1200 Montreal Road
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada
K1A 0R6
Telephone: (613) 993-2024
Fax: (613) 957-8850

Susan E. Cleyle, Associate University Librarian
QE II Library, Memorial University, St. John's, NL  A1B 3Y1
Website:  www.library.mun.ca