Apologies for cross-posting…
The Newfoundland and Labrador Library Association is challenging artists to design a new logo for our association. NLLA is an organization of people who are interested in assuring the excellence of public, school, special, and academic libraries in the province.
Many people feel overwhelmed by information. Every day, library staff and librarians help people to navigate the clearest path to the information they want, no matter what or where it is. Libraries strongly believe in serving their communities equitably, and are committed to providing ample opportunities for education, support, and fun. We are so much more than books, and we hope that our new logo will reflect our technological savvy in addition to our love for the printed word. Above all, libraries improve lives.
· The format and resolution must be appropriate for digital and print media up to 8”x10”
· Prize is $500
· Deadline for entries is February 28, 2009
For more information:
· NLLA web site -- http://staff.library.mun.ca/nlla/
· Info Nation “Choose a career in libraries” -- http://www.cla.ca/infonation/
Send entries to:
· [log in to unmask] – put “NLLA Logo Contest” in the subject line, OR
· Newfoundland and Labrador Library Association
PO Box 23192, R.P.O. Churchill Square
St. John’s, NL A1B 4J9