Call for Submissions: 2008 CASLIS Cookbook
The Canadian Association of Special Libraries and Information Services
(CASLIS) invites foodies in the Canadian library and information
community to submit recipes for our 2008 cookbook.
Do you have a favourite recipe scribbled on an old catalogue card? A
special dish from your local area? (Anyone up for tourtière or
Saskatoon pie?) A drink you mix to dull the pain of the budget
meeting/board meeting/<insert meeting name here> (it's 4 o'clock
Please send in your recipes by October 20, 2008 to
[log in to unmask].
Everyone who submits a recipe will have their name entered into a draw
for a $25 gift certificate from the CLA boutique.
For each recipe, please provide:
A few additional notes:
- Recipe name
- Your name, job title and affiliation
- What type of dish is it? (Appetizer; Snack; Drink; Main course;
Soup Side dish; or Dessert)
- Number of servings the recipe makes
- How long it takes to prepare
- A detailed list of ingredients, with quantities listed using
- Detailed preparation instructions (Please check or test your
recipes for accuracy before submitting them.)
Every cookbook needs a name. Submit a suggestion for a title and if we
choose your suggestion you can win a free copy of the cookbook.
- Everyone loves a good story so if your recipe has one, send that
- Quantities for all ingredients should be exact and listed using
standard measurements (i.e. teaspoon, tablespoon, cup), so that the
recipe is easy to follow and repeat.
- If possible, please include a print quality photograph of your
Cookbooks will be available for pre-order in November with delivery at
the beginning of December.
For more information, contact [log in to unmask].
CASLIS, a division of the Canadian Library Association, is Canada's association for special libraries and information services. Our mission is to support and strengthen our community and advance its information professionals.
Find out more at http://www.special-libraries.ca/