From: OCLC [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: July 15, 2008 10:45
To: Gionet, André
Subject: New OCLC membership report now available -- "From Awareness to Funding: A study of library support in America"
OCLC Updates and Special Offers: Membership and Reports
Now available: new OCLC membership report
From Awareness to Funding: A study of library support in America
OCLC was awarded a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to explore attitudes and perceptions about library funding and to evaluate the potential of a large-scale marketing and advocacy campaign to increase public library funding in the U.S. The findings of this research are now available in the latest OCLC report, From Awareness to Funding: A study of library support in America.
Among the findings from the report:
- Library funding support is only marginally related to library visitation.
- Perceptions of librarians are an important predictor of library funding support.
- Voters who see the library as a "transformational" force as opposed to an "information" source are more likely to increase taxes in its support.
The report suggests that targeting marketing messages to the right segments of the voting public is key to driving increased support for U.S. public libraries.
Purchase a print copy of the report or download a free, electronic version at:
Why did I receive this message?
This message was sent to [log in to unmask] because you have previously subscribed to or expressed interest in news from OCLC related to "OCLC Reports."Want to change your subscription settings?
Enter your e-mail address on this page. You'll receive an e-mail with a special link. Follow that link and you can:
If the e-mail does not arrive in your inbox, please check your e-mail account's "Junk" or "Spam" folder.
- unsubscribe from this mailing;
- subscribe to mailings for other areas of interest; or
- change your personal profile.Ensure delivery of future messages to your inbox
Please add [log in to unmask] to your address book or list of "safe senders."Did a friend forward this message to you?
Sign up to receive e-mail updates directly from OCLC.©2008 OCLCOCLC 6565 Kilgour Place, Dublin OH USA 43017-3395 [log in to unmask] 1-614-764-6000 1-800-848-5878 (USA)