________________________________

From: Emily Rose Gusba [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: July 1, 2008 10:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Assistance Requested - Research Survey for Distribution

Dear colleague;

I am a student in the final semester of my Master's of Library and
Information Science program in the Faculty of Information and Media
Studies at the University of Western Ontario in London, Ontario. I am
currently conducting a research project entitled Information Seeking
Behaviour in Potential LIS Students: A Comparative Analysis of
Information Sources, and part of my project involves asking current and
former library students to complete a 15-minute online survey. Any
current graduate-level library students, or recent graduates (within 5
years), of an ALA-accredited library program, are invited to participate
in my research by taking this survey on how potential library students
conduct research about library school.

Thus, I am asking for your support in this academic endeavour by
forwarding the email and link below to your members. One of the primary
goals of my project is to share findings on how library schools can
improve information dissemination to potential library students with the
North American library community, and I would love to hear from your
organization's members.

Should you be interested in the results of the survey, or have any
further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me, Emily Gusba, at
[log in to unmask] or my supervisor, Dr. Ajit Pyati, at [log in to unmask]

Thank you,

Emily Gusba, MLIS (candidate)

University of Western Ontario

Supervisor:

Dr. Ajit Pyati

University of Western Ontario

Faculty of Information and Media Studies

North Campus Building, Rm. 237

London, ON, Canada

N6A 5B7

(519) 661-2111 X 85616

** With apologies for any cross-postings **

Dear colleagues;

I am a student in the Master of Library and Information Science program
in the Faculty of Information and Media Studies at the University of
Western Ontario in London, Ontario. I'm currently conducting a research
project entitled Information Seeking Behaviour in Potential LIS
Students: A Comparative Analysis of Information Sources. For this
project, I'm going to be studying gaps and differences in information
about library school available from two kinds of sources:  1)
traditional recruitment materials (websites, brochures) vs. 2) the
information available from LIS students/ librarians via web 2.0 tools
(blogs, Facebook, etc). I'm excited to see what other people think about
the issue, and that's where YOU come in.

I've created an online survey to help me find out more about how people
find out about Library school. It would be great if you could fill it
out, and tell your friends (in fact, tell even the non-Library friends,
they'll be jealous). Surveys are anonymous, of course. Please feel free
to email me should you have any questions or comments about the survey.

Ideally, I'd like to get responses from students from as many Canadian
and American Library schools as possible. Please feel free to forward my
email to any of your friends who are Library students/recent grads
(graduated in the past 5 years). I'd be happy to provide an executive
summary of my findings when I'm done, for anyone who is interested. Just
send me an email.

Should you be interested in the results of the survey, or have any
further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me, Emily Gusba, at
[log in to unmask] or my supervisor, Dr. Ajit Pyati, at [log in to unmask]

The link to the survey is here:
http://surveys.fims.uwo.ca/Surveys/Surveys/TakeSurvey.aspx?s=B57B91E618F
542AE85B1BA3D0FAC0B4F
<http://surveys.fims.uwo.ca/Surveys/Surveys/TakeSurvey.aspx?s=B57B91E618
F542AE85B1BA3D0FAC0B4F>

Thanks in advance for taking part!

Emily Gusba

University of Western Ontario

Faculty of Information and Media Studies

North Campus Building, Rm. 240

London, ON, Canada

N6A 5B7