From: Alastair Sweeny [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 9:01 AM
To: Gladwell, Sarah (NBPLS/SBPNB)
Subject: The Samuel de Champlain Portal

Announcing The Samuel de Champlain Portal

April 2, 2008           Please Forward

This letter is to announce the creation of Le Portail Samuel de Champlain (français/anglais) This Web site is an open collaborative wiki set up to mark the 400th anniversary of the founding of Québec, and is dedicated to celebrating the life and career of the founder of New France.

This portal contains a growing slate of supporting textual and image resources and activities that can be used for student projects and book reports. Features:

▪ Chapter content and texts are locked against changes, but users are encouraged to share resources they think appropriate. To contribute to the Champlain Portal, you must apply for a UserID and Password, with a note on what you want to add to the portal.
▪ The material in this portal can be used for non-profit educational use.
▪ We will be setting up an open area to feature uploaded student work.

I hope you enjoy the site, and welcome your comments and suggestions.

Please contact me directly if you are interested in helping with a French version of the portal.

Alastair Sweeny

General Editor

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

The Samuel de Champlain Portal is hosted as a public service by the Civics Channel and Northern Blue Publishing.