From: Karen Darby
Sent: October 19, 2007 3:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Canadian Library Support Staff Day

Today October 19, 2007 has been declared Canadian Library Support Staff day by the Canadian Library Association. I applaud the CLA for recognizing the contributions of all Library support staff and the work that they provide.

I would like at this time to personally celebrate with my fellow paraprofessionals on this the first Canadian Library Support Staff day. As convenor for the Library Technicians Interest Group, I invite the members of APLA to join this group.

I am in process of creating a mailing list for those who are interested in this group and thought that this would be a great time to encourage APLA members to get involved. Please contact me if you are interested.

Karen A. Darby

Dr. C.R. Barrett Library

Fisheries and Marine Institute

Memorial University