Dear APLA Member:
The APLA executive has voted to make student memberships free for a trial period of one year. We will review the success rate and cost implications at the end of the year. Our goal is to get students more engaged in professional association activities with APLA.
The APLA executive is launching a membership drive, under the capable and enthusiastic leadership of Gillian Byrne, the Chair of the Communications Standing Committee, and Ruthmary MacPherson, our Vice-president of Membership. This "free student membership" initiative is the first activity related to the overall membership campaign.
Please pass this announcement along to any library school students or library technician students in your area.
APLA - now free for students!
The Atlantic Provinces Library Association is extremely pleased to announce that student membership is now free. Membership benefits include:
· FREE subscription to the newly open access, online APLA Bulletin
· Publishing opportunities in the - did we mention, newly open access and online - APLA Bulletin
· Opportunities to fatten up that resume by joining the many APLA Committees and Interest Groups
· Membership rates to all APLA-sponsored events like the Education Institute programs
· Fantastic rates and presentation opportunities at the incredible APLA Annual Conference, coming every May to a city near you.
· So much more.
All you need to do: fill out our membership form, sign up for a few committees of interest and that's that! As an extra special promotion, act now and we'll throw in a personal welcome letter from the APLA executive outlining APLA opportunities just for you!
APLA President 2007/08
Mount Saint Vincent University
166 Bedford Highway
Halifax, NS B3M 2J6
P: (902) 457-6108 F: (902) 457-6445
e-mail: [log in to unmask]