From: Kirsten Andersen [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 1:12 PM
To: Cohen, Nancy (ED)
Cc: 'Kimberly Sutherland-Mills'
Subject: new CLA YA Committee member

Dear Nancy,

I found your contact information as APLA's Youth Services Interest
Group Convenor on the APLA website.

I am writing on behalf of the Canadian Library Association YA Canadian
Book Award committee - I'm the outgoing Chair and we are seeking my
replacement on the committee. I've included the incoming Chair,
Kimberly Sutherland-Mills, on this message too.

We are looking for a librarian who loves teen literature and Canadian
literature and we are specifically looking for someone from an Atlantic
province. I have drafted an introductory letter explaining what the
committee does and what we're looking for and will attach it.

Please, can you send this introduction to those you think might be good
candidates and cc us?  Also, if you think it would be appropriate to
post it to the APLA listserv, this would be super!

Thank you in advance for helping us find someone to join the
commmittee. The current committee agreed that it is really important to
us to have geographical representation from Eastern Canada.

Yours,
Kirsten Andersen
Head, Teen and Adult Services,
Richmmond Public Library