From: CSTD Nova Scotia Chapter <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:04:54 -0400
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: Announcement - upcoming CSTD NS event- April 19

CSTD-Nova Scotia announces its next learning event...

Leadership Discussions

April 19, 2006
9:00 a.m. - Continental Breakfast and Networking
9:30 - 11:00 a.m. - Presentations and Discussion
Old Ashburn Golf Course, 3250 Joseph Howe Drive, Halifax, Nova Scotia

Session 1: Beyond Tradition: Expanding our Concept of Leadership
Elizabeth Perry

Session 2: Leading the Inspired Workplace
Peter Davison

*******

1. Beyond Tradition: Expanding our Concept of Leadership
Elizabeth Perry, of Leadership By Example Consulting, will introduce and
expand on non-traditional concepts of leadership, where we see those being
implemented in our world, how we can contribute to the new styles ourselves
and the benefits of defining leadership differently.

With conditions in our world continuously deteriorating we must find new
ways to coordinate our efforts for our greater good. Come join us in
exploring the possibilities. Exploration includes rethinking authority,
autonomy, and respect for greater individual empowerment.

About Our Presenter: Elizabeth Perry, ECE, BA, CAE, has 20 yearsı experience
in business and 10 yearsı experience in education - all the while primarily
fostering personal development and expanded understanding of common concepts
for increased social stability.

Elizabeth is working towards her Masters in Psychology through self-directed
study and, as a result of independent research, is increasingly developing
expertise in recovery from psychological trauma, cult phenomenon, and the
influences at play that make people susceptible to such experiences.
Elizabeth is an incorrigible optimist, believing whole-heartedly in the
positive potential of mankind, and diligently experiments with and promotes
innovative interactions to increase our capabilities to communicate
honestly, compassionately and collaboratively with each other and our
planet. She is a writer, speaker, educator and activist on the necessity of
facilitating social change as individual leaders, one person, one choice at
a time.

2. Leading the Inspired Workplace
The life force of corporate performance is personal performance. Yet
research reveals that 1/3 of people hate their work, 1/3 dislike/like their
work depending on the day, and only 1/3 state that they consistently love
how they exchange their time for money. How do symptoms of people who don't
want to be there like absenteeism and presenteeism (at desk but
unproductive) impact loyalty and productivity? This interactive seminar
helps you find yourself, and help others discover deeper meaning and greater
happiness in daily labours beyond payday and TGIF.

You will explore the 4 key principles that build happy and inspired
workplaces where people eagerly self-manage and actively seek ways to move
from perspiration to inspiration. You will learn practical ideas to motivate
yourself and colleagues from within by using the "Inspired Workplace
Checklist." You will take away a reaffirmed passion for your career and a
personal definition of success so you can do what you love to do - create,
grow and serve. Attitude is contagious. This program is one way to make
yours worth catching. Participant's activity booklet included.

*The Perfect Audience*: This program is ideal for human resource
professionals, trainers, middle management, leadership teams and other
professionals who navigate change and are actively committed to improving
the culture of human potential.

About our Presenter:  Peter Davison is an international speaker and author
who offers a refreshing approach to awakening new levels of understanding on
human dynamics, personal mastery and inspired life at work. Innerwealth
programs are about how you can become a part of a growing movement across
the earth to transform our corporations, communities, families and personal
lives into more balanced, respectful and conscious environments.

Peter began his career sharing what he loves with children and youth as a
public school teacher for 9 years. Notable in his career as speaker and
facilitator is his 5 years as the Staff Training Officer with the Nova
Scotia Family Violence Prevention Initiative. He is founding member of Men
For Change formed after the Montreal Massacre in 1989 to promote
non-violence and healthy masculinity. Peter is an internationally recognized
educator in the field of healthy relationships and life/work balance and his
entertaining, empowering keynotes and workshops renew and inspire audiences
across Canada and internationally in the United States, Israel, Northern
Ireland and Scotland. His work promoting healthy relationships has been
quoted in Oprah Magazine and he confesses a weakness for chocolate. For more
info please visit www.peterdavison.ca <http://www.peterdavison.ca> .

Participant Testimonials: "Peter was an excellent facilitator. He included
direct experience and first hand knowledge into his presentation and he was
obviously inspired, informed and believes in what he is doing - his
inspiration is contagious."

"The Love Your Work workshop was a tremendous benefit to me both personally
and professionally. Each session was engrossing and Peter led us to our
personal discoveries with a gentle and focused approach. Much of what we
learned was new to me but resonated deep within me as a truth basic to my
inner self."

"Perceptions more than actual acts affect my daily living and behaviour. My
goal is to appreciate others more and to know that no one is to blame - my
perceptions must be adjusted. Balance! Though we cannot change the wind we
can adjust our sails."

Client Gratitude: "The theme of your presentation "Love Your Work" was
certainly a big draw, as it was one of our biggest meetings in the history
of the Chapter. From the many comments heard following the session, your
presentation was excellent. Your style captured everyone's interest
throughout and the activities were quite varied, from the paper-pencil
questionnaire, to the washer and string 'experience', to singing a thought
provoking song. Thank you for making the HRANB breakfast meeting very
valuable for our membership." - Rachelle Gagnon, Moncton Chapter President,
Human Resources Association of New Brunswick

**********************
Registration:  CSTD Members may attend free of charge.  Non-members pay
$35.00, taxes included.  You may register online at
http://www.cstd.ca/events/novascotia.html
<http://www.cstd.ca/events/novascotia.html>  or send a cheque, made payable
to CSTD Nova Scotia, to #100, 33 Ochterloney Street, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia,
B2Y 3Z3.

Cancellation Policy: If you become unable to attend, please provide three
business days' notice in order to receive a refund of your registration fee.

Inquiries: [log in to unmask]; (902) 422-3483

Tonya Fry
Marketing and Membership Administrator
CSTD Nova Scotia Chapter

------ End of Forwarded Message