----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Sian White
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 2:34 PM
Subject: Materials Inquiry

Dear Fellow Scholar:

I am writing on behalf of the Keough Institute for Irish Studies at the University of Notre Dame.

We are currently working on a project collecting information about manuscripts written in the Irish language in the United States and Canada. I am contacting you to discover if your institution possesses any such manuscripts, and would appreciate a reply either way.

If so, I would be interested to know the following information about the piece(s) you have: the manuscriptís title, its approximate length, its comparative age, and its shelf number within your collection. Any further information you would like to pass along, such as the manuscriptís history or how your insitutition came to obtain it, would be very much appreciated.

Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. Also, if you are aware of someone who might be better able to address my inquiry and would pass my request and contact information on to him or her, I would be most grateful.

Thank you.

Si‚n White
Keough Institute for Irish Studies
University of Notre Dame